Food Trucks at Universal Studios

A silly little blog about the food trucks at South Weddington Park, and sometimes stuff about Pugs.

August 18, 2011

Trucks for Thursday 8/18/11

First, a note about yesterday:  I got late notice that both Nom Nom and Grilled Cheese trucks were going to be there, so I updated my daily email, Twitter and blog.  It turns out they were there for an ABC/Disney Communications company picnic and did not serve to the general public until 1:00.  Due to the restricted hours, I'm not sure if many of you ever got to try them.   I have contacted both trucks in an effort to get them to return one day to serve us NBCU/Studio City/NoHo peeps.  I'll keep you posted.

Today's trucks:

Mossie Lee's
12:00 - 2:30
Facebook page

Southern specialties and unique burgers and tacos.  Daily specials like catfish, brisket and ribs.








TK Truck
11:30 - 2:30
Menu

Latin/Mediterranean fusion.  Beef or chicken tikkeh meat in tacos, burritos and quesadillas.  Tofu versions also available.







Pinoy Jeepney
11:00 - 2:00
Menu

Filipino food.  Adobo, sisig, kare kare, BBQ on a stick, empanadas, lumpia, and rice cake.  I have not had a chance to try this truck yet, but I hear it's very good.






Curb A Peel
11:30 - 2:30
Menu

This truck is SO yummy!  A variety of American and Foreign flavor combinations in sandwiches, tacos, quesadillas and tocadillas.  I loved the three different things I tried last week. 







Grill 'em All
12:00 - 2:00
Menu

Amazing 7 oz. burgers with all kinds of unique toppings like fennel sausage gravy, cranberry gastrique, munchos, cream cheese, beer-soaked onions, peanut butter and jelly, pickles, BBQ sauce, pineapple and the traditional lettuce and tomato.  My favorite is the one with the cranberry gastrique, blue cheese and munchos. 






Video of the Day - The Slow-ass Sloth



1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy! It's so nice of you to organize and announce the trucks going to NBC Universal. Not many places do this for trucks.

    Please consider scheduling our truck Mighty Boba at Universal. We serve Taiwanese snacks and meals like Popcorn Chicken and Island Pork Chop along with fresh Boba teas. Check out our website mightyboba.com for more information. You can email me directly at luca@mightyboba.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete